Monday, March 28, 2011

Botox and the Blues

I have been such a slacker with this blog. Sometimes I feel like laying it all out there for the world to read(if they found it!) means that the pain is winning. I don't like the person that I have become. I have always been the fun, quick with a quip or comeback, sassy girl. More and more, that person seems to be disappearing. It is like my best friend has moved a million miles away and refuses to communicate with me!

I have to say that the brightest spot in the last week has been reading Chocolate and Vicodin. I told my hubby that I feel like the author is inside my head! Strangely, we have gone through so much of the same treatments and procedures. I hate to laugh at her eagerness before "the next great cure" but I have been there and back many times over. It is a great read for anyone with headaches or chronic pain, or for that matter, their friends or loved ones. So refreshing a read! I know that this sounds ridiculous considering it is her day to day, doctor and quack memoir about living with chronic, unrelenting headache pain. I personally have chronic daily headaches and migraines and know what it is like to be the headache chick! Thank you, thank you for a great book that I can recommend to all the headache friends and those who love them and want to understand what we go through!!


Well, my insurance company finally paid for Botox. I had it done last week. No relief yet. At least that's something else to check off my list.

There have been lots and varied nerve blocks done over the last few months and med changes galore. I will try to tackle them next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment